How to Lose Weight Fast: 5 Simple Exercises You Can Do Anywhere – With the hectic pace of modern life, it can be difficult to find the time to get to the gym for a proper workout. The “I just don’t have time” excuse seems to pop up more and more frequently in our lives. Levels of stress and weight problems are at all-time highs. When we don’t make time for prevention, health concerns which demand we take time for treatment are much more likely to arise. You can create a custom calendar with a note at Free Monthly Calendar Printable and Editable to manage your time.
Many people incorrectly believe that they don’t have time for exercise. The truth is, you DO have time, and working exercise into your busy schedule is well worth it. Exercise helps to reduce stress, promote healthy sleep patterns, and keep health concerns to a minimum. Exercise has also been shown to improve self-confidence and concentration, which means that take a little time to exercise, may be able to actually help you do your job and other commitments faster (thus giving you more time than you had when you weren’t exercising!) Stop with the Excuses!
The human body is actually remarkable in that you can a variety of exercises anywhere, and at any time. You simply need a few minutes at a time and some weights which you can make with items around your home or office. Whenever you plan to exercise, a good warm-up and a slow cool-down period are important in order to help prevent injury. For both a warm-up and cool-down, walking a simple activity that not only works but is also something you can do pretty much anywhere. 5 Simple Exercises You Can Do Anywhere:
- Crunches – Sit-ups are fantastic for your abdominal muscles if you are able to do them correctly.
- For proper posture, ensure that your hands are behind your head and that your elbows are back while you use your stomach muscles (not your hands or arms) to lift your head toward the ceiling.
- If you’re able to sit up with proper posture, next try raising your legs off the floor while you are sit-up.
- Just remember, done incorrectly, crunches can put undue stress on your back and/or neck. In order to avoid injury, it’s very important that you use the correct method.
- Pushups – Although everyone already knows the regular pushup position, the key is to keep from getting bored, so let’s true something a bit different:
- In order to work out your chest and shoulders, even more, try doing pushups with your hands out a bit wider than your shoulders
- To work out your shoulders and triceps, do pushups with your hands together in a diamond shape close to the center of your chest
- Triceps Dips – Another great way to work out your triceps is triceps dips and you can do them just about anywhere.
- Sit on the edge of a chair or bench
- Place your hands next to your thighs
- Lift your body off the chair and forward
- Keep your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground
- Lower yourself down while keeping your hands on the chair
- Do not go more than 90 degrees down
- Then pull yourself back up to the starting position additional tips:
- Start with 2-3 small sets at a time
- To increase the workout, straighten your legs
- Do not try triceps dips if you have problems with your shoulders or wrists
- Calf Raises – You can do these wherever you can find a raised surface like a stairway.
- While you face the stairs, stand with only your toes on the stairs
- The back of your feet will extend out past the stair
- Standing straight up, lower your body down below the stairs
- Then bring your body back up onto your toes
- If you need help staying balanced, hold onto the railing for support
- While working out your calf muscles, this also works your ankles.
- Squats – Proper technique is again very important when it comes to squats. They can be a great strength training exercise when done correctly and they can be done pretty much anywhere.
- Start with squatting only 12 inches or so
- As you are comfortable, squat further, paying attention to your leg muscles
Once you’re comfortable with standard squats and you feel like you need a bigger challenge, add weights to your routine. If you do not have weights, you can fill 2-liter soda or water bottles with sand and use them as weights. Then do the squats as usual, but with a weight in each hand.
These five Simple Exercises You Can Do Anywhere are a great start for a full-body workout. Don’t forget to warm up and cool off after each exercise session.